Thursday, January 31, 2013

How to make a silk floral arrangement

I enjoy making flower arrangements out of the various silk flowers I  have laying around. Read below to learn step by step how to make one of your own! 


Here are my 'ingredients' 

1. Container - can be anything you like!
2. Selected silk flowers. - I love red! 
3. I also use little glass pellets (pink below) to help secure the flowers. I 
filled my vase about half full. 
You can also use floral foam or nothing at all if you desire. 
I like using the pellets because they help give weight to the container.


I find it is easiest for me to put all of one type of flower into the container right away.
Taller blooms in the center and shorter ones toward the edges.


Next add the contrasting flowers among the original ones. Make sure they are evenly spaced.
Finally, make sure you have a nice rounded dome.


Enjoy! and have fun with your own flower arranging! 




9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm making one ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying this! I typically buy the pre-made ones from Michael's, but they're SO overpriced... so thank you! Stopping by from the Thursday Favorite Things hop :) Have a fabulous day!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely arrangement! Especially for silk flowers. They look like the real deal:) Perfect for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! xo P.S. thank you for sharing at the hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for sharing. My flower arranging skills aren't the best so this will be helpful. Visiting you from craft o maniac Monday. www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty!! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations. Just wanted to let you know that I just opened a shabby apply $50 giveaway and would love for you to get chance to enter!
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/blog-birthday-week-shabby-apple-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you from Sugar Bee Crafts! I'm your newest follower via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

    Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just amazing flower vase! I also have to host an indoor party to celebrate mother’s day. Just got to know about the BloomThat Mothers Day Flowers deals! I always buy flowers from them and they offer truly amazing and quick services.

    ReplyDelete