Thursday, January 17, 2013

Origami Kimono Instructions

Here are instructions for making your own paper kimono! I don't know its really origami since you do not start out with a square piece of paper, and folds aren't exact, but it's still fun. :) 


Read below to make your own!





Start with a rectangle. The ratio is 3:8. my paper measurements were 1.5 in by 4 in.



Flip it over and fold one end down as pictured above. 


Turn the paper back over and fold the two corners down. Make sure they do NOT meet at the center. 



Now fold the other end up as pictured above. 


Flip the paper over again and fold the point not quite all the way to the end.


Now take each side and fold diagonally inward. The flaps will overlap.


Make and squash the triangles above. 


Flip it over again (yes again I know) and fold the triangles down as pictured above. 



This is what it looks like on the other side. 


If you want you can fold the outer corners out. 

Enjoy! I may use several of these to make a card. 

Patterned origami paper is best when folding clothes.







5 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful! I pinned it to my origami board. I am a new follower and would like to invite you to participate in my Pin Me Linky Party. It goes Fri-Tue. I allow up to 3 links each week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so great!!!! Now we just need a little origami person to wear it, giggle. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kimono! What a great idea to make them of origami. There could be a framed series of them. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady is LIVE! I’d love to have you share your post!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-2

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete