Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pie Crust Recipe

One of my absolute least favorite things to make is a pie crust. It totally ruins my day! (ok, its not that bad...) Thankfully I have a recipe that is fast easy and freezes great, so I normally take one day, make a bunch of pie crusts and freeze them so I don't have to make any when I need them. 

Here is the recipe and directions:

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Canola Oil
5 T of ice cold water
2 Cups of flour

Instructions:

1. Have your two cups of flour ready in a large mixing bowl.
2. Fill a measuring cup with the canola oil.
3. Quickly add five tablespoons of ice cold water to the oil. 

Now, everyone has always said oil and water don't mix right? WRONG! It does if the water is cold enough!



4. Take a fork and quickly stir/whip the oil and water until blended. It should turn white and creamy
5. Pour the creamy mixture over the flour and mix with a fork until dough forms a ball. 

This recipe makes two pie crusts - So divide them in half. 

If you are using them right away just roll them out as you normally do and use them. If you want to freeze them roll the dough out between two pieces of wax paper. Then lay flat in the freezer to freeze. When you want to use it, just take the rolled dough out, place it on your counter, and it should thaw within 10 minutes, after which you can use it however you wish! 

I use this recipe for keish, pumpkin pie, and apple pie. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I will have to give this a try! I have a hard time making a pie crust that comes out flaky without falling apart.

    If you haven't already, I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.

    http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-10/

    ReplyDelete