Monday, September 29, 2014

Ellis Island

A month or so ago we made a trip down to New Jersey and took one day to visit Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. I feel like I grew up visiting this place. School field trips, family outings, and out of town visitors were all occasions to take the ferry and climb the statue and wander around Ellis Island. I hadn't been back there since before 9/11. I really enjoyed this little adventure and I could appreciate the significance of this place a little more now that I am older. 

Ellis Island



Picture in the Ellis Island museum depicting an old street in NYC. A lot of the artifacts were missing from the museum. Still in storage from the hurricane a few years ago. 


Linking up with these great blogs. Check them out! 

3 comments:

  1. We're going to visit NYC over Christmas break and are planning to take our kids to see Ellis Island. Our elementary school does a mock Ellis Island in fifth grade, so I think they'll think enjoy seeing it in person! Thanks for linking up to Motivational Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! I hope you have fun visiting there with your family! I have definitely enjoyed going there. Thank you for hosting the Motivational Monday link party! It's fun to see all the projects.

      Delete
  2. I would love to do this...so glad you told us the story! Thanks so much for sharing with the Thursday Blog hop. Hope you will join us at http://www.over50feeling40.com. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete