Sunday, September 21, 2014

Purse Card Template and Tutorial

Hello and happy Monday! I have another card template and tutorial here for you! A while back I posted pictures of some purse cards I had made and I am finally getting a post up with step by step instructions! 

Click through for instructions.







1. First cut out your pattern. The markings are in centimeters. Next trace the pattern piece out on your card paper as pictured below. You could also trace the pattern with the wider end on a fold. Which ever way you prefer! 


2. Then cut out your purse base and fold as pictured. 


3. Now you need the 'decorative material.' Use the same pattern to trace out two separate trapezoids on patterned paper. You can glue these right to the purse base if you wish. I trimmed of a tiny bit from each side so my brown paper shows around the edges.


4. Glue the patterned pieces to your purse base. If you wish you can cut the tops of the shapes with patterned scissors. I used a scalloped shape.


5. Now add your purse handle. I did this by peeling back some of the decorative paper, adding lots of glue, (I just use a glue stick) and sandwich the ribbon between the two pieces of paper. NOTE: The ribbon is between the brown purse base paper and the decorative paper.


6. Flip the card around and add a button or some other embellishment to the front for decoration. 


Enjoy! 

Linking up with these great blogs!

http://my1929charmer.com/


4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea and great tutorial. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how exciting! Thank you for featuring me! Looking forward to hopping over and picking up a featured button. Thank you for all the work you do in hosting your link parties!

      Delete
  2. Love this idea! I'll be in touch about featuring this in the upcoming issue of the Ruby for Women magazine . . . . I know our readers would love this project, too! Thanks so much for sharing at the Favorite Things Blog Hop at Katherine's Corner. Nina @ mamas*little*treasures and Ruby for Women

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina! Glad you enjoyed the card tutorial. I hopped on over to your site and took a look around. Looks like you have a lot of neat resources and ideas! Looking forward to hearing from you!

      Delete