Monday, November 3, 2014

Fall Thank You Card

My little baby turned 1 a few weeks ago and we had a fun time celebrating! How is he that old already! Well, often birthdays come with gifts and my little one has quite a few thank yous he needs to write! Of course I am helping him out in that department.



Here is one of the thank you notes I am making for them! I thought it would be fun to go with a fall theme. Read on past the break for instructions to make your own! 



Here are my supplies. 
- Two shades of card stock
- a thank you and a leaf rubber stamp
- copper metallic and stone grey ink pads
- scissors
- glue stick
- twine (not pictured)


First cut out a card base and corresponding mat.


Take your leaf rubber stamp and using the copper metallic ink pad stamp around the edges of your card. Make sure the stamp overlaps the edge!


Next take the leaf stamp and stamp randomly over your mat. I love how the metallic color almost glows when it is used over a dark color. I made sure my stamp over lapped the edges on the mat as well. Use your thank you stamp on the lighter card stock and cut it out in a nice little rectangle.


Using scissors I rounded off all the corners. This is optional. It looks great with sharp corners as well.


Next just glue it all together. I like using a glue stick vs those adhesive stickers because you can get right up to the edges and make sure that your corners stick down. I try to avoid having the corners of my mat lift up.


If you wish to add a bow, you can make one from twine and hot glue it on.



And that's it! Enjoy making one of your own! 

Linking up with these great blogs!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting on Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with the Be.You.tiful link party and for sharing your gorgeous card. You have been featured! http://www.thehappygal.com/tiful-link-party-46/

    ReplyDelete