Monday, November 24, 2014

Zucchini Bread Adjustments

With the the fall and winter seasons comes lots of baking! I love homemade quick breads and here is a batch  of zucchini bread that I recently made. 

The basic recipe comes from Amy Robertson's little book Christmas at Home Festive Finger Foods. I have a hard time following a recipe though. It's so much fun to add things and tweak things to see what happens! This is not always a good thing, but this time it turned out great! 

Here is the recipe I used:

2 eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup oil
1 T vanilla
2 cups zucchini, grated
1 t baking soda
1 t sald
1.5 c white flour
1.5 c oat flour
1/4 t baking powder
1 T cinnamon
1 t allspice
1 t nutmeg
1/2 c raisins, soaked


Combine dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients and sugar together and then add dry. Fold in zucchini and then the raisins.

Bake at 325 for 45-60 min. 

Makes 2 loaves.

The recipe above reflects the following. I decreased the sugar by 3/4 a cup, substituted oat flour for some of the regular flour, and added allspice and nutmeg. I also like soaking my raisins for a half hour or so before adding them to my muffins or bread. They are more plump instead of this dry rubbery thing that you bite into. I decreased the sugar because you don't really notice it and the oat flour has a slightly sweater taste. Unfortunately oat flour is more expensive but it converts to sugar at a lesser rate than than regular white flour.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment