Thursday, June 25, 2015

Lilacs

A few months ago I decorated our church for a conference with lilacs from our lilac bush. It was a bumper year for lilacs for us and the box below is just half of what I cut and our bush didn't even look as if it had any missing! 

It was a lot of fun and a little scary doing arrangements with live flowers. I tested them earlier in the week to see how long the blooms last in water. 
They did pretty well and we were able to take them in the night before they were needed.


Once again these are only half the vases and half the flowers used. 
It was fun making the arrangements out on our deck.


I was so thankful for the timing too! I never really paid attention but it seems like lilac blooms have a three week life span. Week 1 being the closed bud stage, week 2 being the perfectly bloomed fragrant stage, and week 3 being the ok but starting to look a little fried stage. I was able to cut ours right in the middle of week 2! 


Hope you enjoyed the lilacs this year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment