Monday, January 30, 2017

Valentine Candy Boxes

Happy almost February 1st! We are just about into the second month of the year! I started seeing valentines paraphernalia in the stores weeks ago and we still have two weeks to go! I always used to think that stores were crazy for jumping into each holiday so early, but I have been enjoying the planning and decorating process for the last few holidays more than I have been able to for the past few years and it really helps to have things out early. This year, I have been planning out some little candy favors for my family.


Growing up, I always loved this holiday as my parents always gave my brother and I gifts and there was tons of chocolate. They made a big deal about loving us. What a blessing that was to me and I am so thankful for being given an "others focused" perspective on this holiday.




  I have been having fun planning these cute little candy boxes for our family's Valentine dinner! I want my kids to have a part of Valentines day and I know they will get a kick out of opening (or squishing) these!




I used my silhouette machine to cut these out and filled them with gold chocolate and caramel candies. I am planning on putting animal crackers in my one year old's box. :)


It also was a great opportunity to practice with the macro setting on my new camera. I have really had to practice standing still! It is crazy how much happier I am with my photos now that I have been focusing on that! ha ha! 


Hope you all get to enjoy some yummy candy in these next few weeks!


Linking up with

betweennapsontheporch
savvysouthernstyle
frenchcountrycottage
katherinescorner
thecharmofhome

6 comments:

  1. They look very elegant. Like a step up from a party popper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect gift for any occasion. It would also may a party gift at each table place setting. The ideas are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very beautiful. A personalized party cracker. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful and will make your children will feel special with these treats at their table setting. I think making something special for Valentine's Day is a wonderful tradition for children. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Beautiful! I have a cut n scan and my goal this year is to figure out how to use it. Maybe I need to take a class! Happy Valentines Day with your family and enjoy...thanks for joining TADA! Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete