Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine Magazine Challenge

Happy Valentine's Day friends! Today I am taking part in the "Love Is In the Air" Magazine Challenge over at Katherine's Corner. She is a sweet blogger and loves tea! Her challenge was to make a magazine cover using anything as your inspiration with the theme of "Love" I thought it was a great idea and a good way for me to practice using my camera. 

 Katherine had a picture of some magazines on her blog for the sign up and those gave me the idea to use flowers. The below is my wedding bouquet from six and a half years ago. It is sitting on a chair we have in our bedroom. 

So here is my magazine cover!


I went to all this trouble getting out my wedding dress thinking that it would make a neat picture to have the flowers on the dress with a strand of pearls but it totally didn't work. At the end I just tossed the flowers onto our chair, took a couple pictures, and they ended up working perfectly! Why does that happen so much? ha ha! 

Here are my "behind the scenes" pictures of the magazine cover.


Here you can see what I was trying to do with the dress and the pearls. I think sometimes you can try too hard to make a picture work and you just have to set aside your original plans and go with something totally different!



Hope you enjoyed my magazine cover! Hop on over to Katherine's blog or scroll on below to take a look at everyone else's Valentine magazine covers! 



;

Happy Valentine's Day! 

8 comments:

  1. so pretty! Thank you for joining in the fun. xo P.S. your wedding bouquet is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean by thinking you have a great idea and it just doesn't come together - been there done that. What you ended up with is beautiful and simple. I love it. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janelle - your magazine cover is lovely! The soft pastel shades are so inspiring and make me think of spring. I'm certainly ready for spring, and can't wait to get out in the garden. It is so much fun to connect with other creative bloggers and I especially love this magazine challenge and blog tour that Katherine has created. Hope we do it again in the future! Have a great week, Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Janelle and Happy Valentine's Day!
    Your colours are going so much together, love this pastel colour palette, really inspiring.
    P.S.
    I agree with you and Debi. When I have one idea... finally (always) I am doing something completely different :)
    Have a great day! Hugs.

    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your magazine cover is pretty! The pastel flowers are beautiful! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bouquet and magazine cover! What a great idea to use your wedding bouquet! I still have my bouquet from 34 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers remind me of a summer wedding. You have a lot of talent!. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janelle

    Beautiful!

    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete